Monday 5 October 2015

Representing Chafford - Residents update

Residents' update

Harris Academy - I visited the new Harris Mayflower Academy, met the intereim head and discussed the progress of the work.  I am pleased that the head has written to all parents asking them to park considerately or get banned!

Howard Road Development - I met with the developers putting the concerns of residents across, especially with refering to ensuring a GP surgery was built into their plans as their community contribution, and asking them to redesign the 10 floor tower as it would be imposing and not in keeping with the area.  They'll send an update and residents will have the opportunity to comment on the new plans.

Cleaning Chafford - this is an on-going issue. I have contacted the managers responsible so many times now but I think they are curtailed by the budget they've been given.

Racing - residents reported more incidents about racing, which I have passed across to the police. However, to give the police all the power they need, please fill out the survey.

Prevent - I attended a seminar on 'Prevent', to train me about the new legislation and to increase my knowledge as I led the Council's policy for a member led committee on this. It was a very interesting and popular event, with interest across the country.  I hope we can ensure that there the one incident reported in Thurrock is the only incident.

Sleeping rough - there were loads of emails and comments on Facebook about this issue.  On researching further, it is a very sad incident which affected some local residents.  I want to thank the relevant authorities for acting swiftly - and for the residents who raised the concerns in the first place.

Upcoming events:
Chafford Hundred Residents' meeting - 21 October 2015, at Harris Academy.  I have invited the Council and the Police but cant be sure who will turn up.

Remembrance Day: 8 November 2015 at 3pm. Kershaw Close Chafford Hundred. 

Contact details:
Twitter: @cllrtunde
Email: tojetola@thurrock.gov.uk

No comments: